Saturday, February 2, 2013

The insanity of my life

So, this has been a very interesting week. And by interesting I mean hellish, emotional, crazy, busy, insane, painful, oh and did I mention insane and crazy? So I haven't posted since Tuesday, so let's see what's been happening since Tuesday...
Well on Tuesday I think I mentioned this, but I was in loads of pain in my armpits, which I probably tied to swimming. Oops. My own fault, but still not at all fun to deal with. So I was still in pain come Wednesday, but I had a dr apt so I was hoping that would make me feel better. Which it didn't. I went to the dr on Wednesday and she drained a couple of the really big abscesses (eww, I know) and so then they kind of felt a little better because some of the pressure was off. But it usually takes a few hours for them to really feel better, so didn't make a huge difference at that point. And then she proceeded to tell me that one of them is looking a little big, and this is the second time she has had to drain it, so it might be a good idea to look into surgery on it. Which this is not the first time I've had surgery, I've had like 4 or 5 so far, but it's just so disheartening every time I have one. I think I'm getting better with the no gluten and stuff and then something acts up anyways. Which I do generally respond very well to surgery, it does get rid of the problem, but I just hate that I have to have them. So after 2 days of large amounts of pain and no sleep because of said pain, to then be told maybe another surgery (which are really painful even though she uses anesthetic because I metabolize drugs really quickly so it's hard to keep up) was just the last straw. I went home and ate my weight in chocolate (bad, I know) and watched the Big Bang Theory for like 2 hours. That is my feel better show because it always makes me laugh. That one and How I Met Your Mother. And then I had told my mom to call me when she was free, so she called me about 9, and I decided it was a good time to have a complete emotional break down and we talked until 11 at night. Basically it consisted of "my life is insane and I can't handle it anymore." There's so many things that I want to do but I just never have time! Like I only have 1 day off a week that I'm not working at all, and 3 days a week I'm working for almost 12 hours. 13 hours if you count transportation time. It's ridiculous. And then I hadn't had any sleep and then I was all bummed because of my surgery. I can generally handle my skin disease, I'm usually just like whatever I have a problem ok cool moving on. But when it is causing me that much pain, I can get really down about it. So between all of that together, I cried and Mom fixed all my problems. It was great. Ok, to just give you a picture of what I'm talking about, this was my week last week.
SUNDAY: Swam with Masters, 10-11:30, stayed home after that, it was nice, got some laundry done, cooked some food, got ready for the week, etc. Probably went to bed about 11 pm
MONDAY: Got up at 6 am, left my house at 6:45, worked 7-3:30, got home about 3:45. Made that avocado chicken salad, made a sandwich, subbed for someone at the pool, so left my house again at 4:40, went to work 5-6 at the pool. Only worked an hour, because they didn't really need me and I wanted to swim. Swam 6:15-7:45, got home about 8, watched the biggest loser, went to bed about 9:30. Woke up at 12:30, in super amounts of pain, slept very fitfully and not much until 6.
TUESDAY: Got up at 6, worked on campus 7-3:30, got home about 3:45, left my house at 4:40, worked 5-8:30 at the pool, got home about 8:45, went to bed about 9:30, still in lots of pain, still didn't get much sleep
WEDNESDAY: Got up at 6, worked on campus 7-3:30, after work went to the grocery store and the dr, got home about 5:30, hung out at home til about 9, had an emotional breakdown until about 11, talked to my roommate about it because she had heard me crying until about 12, went to bed about 12:30 because I took a real fast shower first
THURSDAY: Got up at 6, worked 7-3:30, got home at 3:45, did some paperwork online for work, took a shower, left my house at 4:20 because I had to go to CVS and pick up a prescription before work, worked 5-8:30 at the pool, got home about 8:45, had a glass of wine and went to bed at 9:30.
FRIDAY: Got up at 6, finally got a decent amount of sleep but still exhausted, worked 7-3:30 on campus which was crazy because it was MSU Friday where all the prospective high school students come check out the school, went home about 3:45, left my house at 3:50, walked to the pool, picked up my paycheck, walked to the bank and then back to the pool, got to the pool about 4:45, sat for 10 minutes, worked 5-8:30 at the pool, got home about 8:45, ate some dinner, then my friend picked me up about 9:30 and we went to the movies, got home about midnight, went to bed
SATURDAY: Alarm didn't go off, woke up about 8:45, ran around like a crazy person, got to work about 15 minutes late (I'm supposed to be there at 9), worked 9-6 at the pool with a 1 hour lunch break, came home, went to the grocery store so that I have all my food for Super Bowl Sunday, got home about 7 from that, ate some dinner and now I'm writing this.

Yeah.... INSANE. Which usually I wouldn't have worked at all Monday, and on Friday I usually would have had more time at home because I don't have to pick up a paycheck every Friday but still. It was crazy. So you could see how there would be no time to do fun things, or even things I need to do. Like I still haven't called the company about my juicer. And I've been meaning to make time to finally learn how to snowboard, but not really time for that. My one day off from work I'm at home doing laundry and grocery shopping and cooking and it's not even really a day off. But Mom told me that it's ok to say I'm doing too much, or I bit off more than I could chew, so I decided to give up a night at the pool. So I talked to my friend Maggie who just graduated and is looking for more hours and I told her I wanted less, so she will be working Tuesdays for me at the pool for the foreseeable future. YAY one more night at home. So that means I can maybe do things like make Monday night laundry night which will free up a little more of Sunday. Or maybe actually make it to masters more than once a week because I have another night I can stay home and cook or do whatever I need to get done. Hopefully that will free up a lot of time. Which I am super excited about. So I feel a lot better about that. Also my armpits are not nearly in as much pain, so that's better. And there's a 3 day weekend coming up in a few weeks so my friend Kayla and I made plans to go snowboarding! So I finally sort of feel like I have a bit more of a handle on my life. It's a good feeling. Mom's are awesome like that.

On a side note, last night for dinner I made a grilled cheese version of that avocado chicken salad sandwich, a couple slices of provolone, some Anaheim peppers and red onions, and it was awesome. Highly recommended. :)

So anyways, this was pretty much just to say sorry I haven't been posting all week, but you can see why. Also I haven't been doing great in the food department, sometimes I just didn't have time to eat anything except what was the first thing I could get my hands on so I messed up a few times I know. Gonna try to get back into it really well on Monday. But only about 5 weeks until my naturopath appointment, yay!

Hope you all had a better week than I did

1 comment:

  1. aww *hugs* That's rough!! Thank God for moms for SURE! I'm glad she helped you balance things out and I'm proud of you for taking control of your life and putting boundaries up. I find that I vacillate between too busy then too bored, and then throw in the emotional swings I get with the food and feeling sorry for myself that I can't eat a certain way, and it can make for some pretty rough weeks!!! Can't wait for your appt in 5 weeks :) And the mosti mportant thing is you're making progress, you're moving forward...even if occasional backwards steps, the trajectory of your life is forward and that's what matters. Hang in there :) love you!

    ReplyDelete