Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 2

My second official corn free day! Ok it's not quite over yet, but I know what I'm having for dinner later and it's not going to have corn in it. So today has been hard, I really really wanted soda at work today but I said no! Also I think the hardest part of the day is right after work. Because that's usually when I would eat junk food because I would get off work on campus and the bookstore is right there full of delicious things that are bad for me. So I would swing by and pick up a pack of air heads or some milk duds or something, and so that kinda became my habit. So I think that's when my cravings are the strongest. By the time I got home, it had been 10 minutes because I walk every where and the subject on my brain had changed. And I don't really have sweets in the house anymore now that I'm trying to cut them out, so once I get home sometimes I'm like yeah I'd kill for some ice cream right now, but I don't have it so eh. But when I'm out and about and walking right by a store, especially grocery shopping, its so hard to not pick something up. You think, oh I'll just grab one thing, it will last me a while. But we are at a grocery store so "one" is like a 2 pound bag of something and before I know it I have eaten a pound of gum drops in one sitting. Yuck. Thinking about it seriously disgusts me but at the same time it's me doing these things. I feel like everyone in their weight loss journey just has to hit a point where the laziness or the cravings or the food choices is finally outweighed by the realization that these are not healthy choices and you can do better for yourself. And I think I am finally hitting that point. Although I am still really working on the laziness, I am the flakiest person when it comes to exercise.... ugh. Though I am going swimming tonight because it's my night off, so I'm gonna go do my laps :)

As far as if I feel any better on day 2 of no corn, can't really say that I feel a difference. I still pretty much just feel like me. My armpits are a little bit sore actually so I almost wonder if I ate something with gluten in it even, but usually I'm so good about watching for that. Hopefully not eating corn doesn't make me feel worse! That would not be fun.

Anyways, I'm off to swimming! Gonna go get my butt handed to me in a pool. It's gonna be great. And then I will come home and eat dinner and it's time for food experimentation! I will let you know how it goes :)

3 comments:

  1. Good for you to swim!! I went line dancing tonight and uh, yah that was obvious I need to get back into shape ;)
    And I totally concur with you - the cravings from habits are the strongest. I'm so proud of you for walking by the store tho!!!! You are doing awesome. Keep it up Becca. And PS for breakfast this morning I put prosciutto in a frying pan, crisped it up, and ate it with scrambled eggs. Oh. My. Goodness. DELISH. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning so I can eat breakfast. What's the matter with that picture?! ?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing! HAHA hey whatever helps us get up in the morning right? I'm bummed, remember when I told you I was going to experiment with making some pumpkin waffles? Well, umm, side note, I don't actually own a waffle iron... for some reason that thought didn't even occur to me until I really wanted waffles. BUT I think next time I am in the Walmart vicinity I will be picking myself up one and THEN I can experiment. And I will let you know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete