So, Food Experimentation! Turned out pretty good :) Last night I roasted some spaghetti squash, and then mixed it with some roasted shrimp which had a little bit of butter and walnut oil and garlic and cayenne pepper sauce on it. So it was a little spicy, but pretty good! I'm not the hugest fan of spaghetti squash, but this was also the first time I had had it! So I feel like if I eat it more I could like it. And it's better for you than pasta, which is hard enough for me to find anyways.
So, recipe time
1 butternut squash, roasted with salt and pepper and oil for 40 minutes at 375
About 1 lb shrimp
1-2 TBS butter
1-2 TBS oil
garlic powder
cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
parsley? if you want green?
So put the shrimp in a bag with oil and spices(however much you like), shake it up and put it in a pan. Cut the butter into cubes, put on top of the shrimp, roast at 400 for about 10-15 minutes
Shred the spaghetti squash, mix it all together, and enjoy!
Since I promised I would post recipes I figure I should actually write that out in recipe form.
Anyways, so day 3. Not so great today, I messed up today. And like Cathy said I actually do kinda notice a difference already! I feel really bloated and heavy and not like I have as much energy even though I messed up by eating carbs I shouldn't. Which doesn't make any sense. But I don't like it.
Though the bloating could be the reason I messed up which is the fact that I started my period today. UGH. I hate being a girl sometimes. Though usually I don't notice too much bloating on my period. But anyways, I was walking to work and I had this huge craving for French fries, and I was walking right by Wendy's and so I gave in to it. And then halfway through my French fries with ketchup I remembered that ketchup usually has HFCS in it so I checked the label, and yup! Also had some chocolate milk at work that turned out to have corn syrup in it. OOPS. I just really need to remember to read labels before I eat something for the first time in a while. Before trying to cut out corn I was pretty much done reading labels unless it was a new food because I had figured out most of what had wheat in it. But now that I'm trying to cut something else out I'm back to reading every single label ever made and sometimes I just forget. Oh well, I'll go back to doing better tomorrow!
Speaking of tomorrow, I'm super excited cuz I have a job interview! I could get a new job and then I wouldn't have to work at the pool anymore! So wish me luck! A new job would be amazing because, let's just say the pool is... not my favorite place in the universe. There's only so many hours I can watch people swim in circles before I just lose my mind. So here's hoping :)
MM that sounds delish! AND! I can't believe you actually felt the differnece already. That's CRAZY. I mean, I can believe it, and I'm glad you did (sorry) but that's nuts!
ReplyDelete