Sunday, January 20, 2013

hehe, things I forgot...

Lo and behold, I can talk a lot! So people better just get used to that.
So, a few things I forgot to say about my health and other things I'm dealing with. First off, for the sake of blog honesty, I am going to say that I have serious constipation problems. Not fun. So hopefully you all are fine with talking about pooping! (or lack there of...) because that is another thing I will be documenting on my path to health. Also I have been having some really bad yeast infections lately, and I really hope I can get those fixed too. I finally went to the gyno and made her give me the yeast infection pill cuz things were getting bad. Like we are talking at least one a month since June kind of thing. So I really hope now that I took the pill they don't come back. And now that I'm trying to eat healthier, because I know sugar feeds Candida, which is the yeast that causes yeast infections. Because if they do come back, I'm scared someone is going to tell me I need to be on a Candida diet. Which is scary, because that sounds terrible!

However, now that I am employed full time (try full and a half time, I work like 60 hours a week) I can hopefully afford a better doctor, so I have myself an appointment with a naturopath scheduled in March. It's that far away because I had to wait until Spring Break when I would have enough time off work to talk to them. Because they recommend that your first appointment with a naturopath you leave like 2 hours open for because they want to know your whole life history. So, my goals for this appointment are to talk Candida, HS, and get myself a food allergy test, and see if there's anything else they think is interesting going on in my life. Unfortunately I still have to wait 2 months for that. But I wish it was sooner because I'm so excited about it! Hopefully I can find something out that will help.

Also, if y'all are wondering why I have to wait til Spring Break to have time when I'm not in school, it's because I work full time at the University in food service. Which is really hard to do since I work full time there and thus they give me free food, but since I have food allergies I can eat about....5% of what they serve. Because this is like university fast food, we are talking burgers and sandwiches and tacos and lots of things that are breaded and fried. Not good for a girl with a gluten allergy. So salad it is... every day. Last semester when I was eating corn I ate a lot of tacos. And soda... ugh. Even though I hate the idea of soda, it's just so delicious. I love rootbeer. I'll admit it. Also gained about 10-15 pounds last semester, so here's hoping that eating salads every day, usually with apple cider vinegar and olive oil as dressing helps with me not gaining weight, and helps me poop with all those vegetables, and maybe even helps my HS and maybe Candida because I've heard apple cider vinegar can help with those. yay.

Ok, last thing. I think. One more thing on the weight, and then I'm done. I am over 6 feet tall, I'm about 6' 2". Pretty rare in the female world, but go me. And before you ask, no I did not play basketball or volleyball. I'm a swimmer through and through. But I also happen to be about 25 pounds overweight. So this will also be a diet and weight loss journey, trying to get healthy, get in shape, lose some weight, fix my HS and Candida, fix my sugar problems, and ya. This will be an interesting, hard, good, amazing, difficult, probably make me want to give up and rip my eyes out, kind of year. It'll be fun! Glad you are here with me :)

1 comment:

  1. So. Candida diet SUCKS but that's what got me going to rock bottom - any diet afterwards isnt' bad...so if you have to do candida diet, I have some thoughts on recipes. I nearly broke down and cried in the grocery store but Mom saved the day :)
    And amazingly, once you get your taste buds away from sugar, you don't crave it. 2 1/2 weeks, 3 weeks tops, you'll be like sugar? Why?
    For me, it was a great lesson in self control and learning that I COULD be self controlled. B/c I hear you...a whole bag of candy corn? Sure! Why not!? Ugh my teeth rot just now thinkin about it.
    ANyways, I'm excited for your journey and that you're going to see a naturopath!!!
    And PS - on salads, if you shave green apple, it adds a delicious juicy sweetness to a salad...with apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
    And those chocolate chip scones I told you about...I uh, mighta eaten like 10 in two days. Dang it. :)

    ReplyDelete