Ok so me and dairy are really not getting along right now. It's getting real bad. I've been trying to not eat dairy but every once in a while (like today) I do so on accident. Like today for lunch I went and had a fruit smoothie cuz I wasn't super hungry and it sounded awesome. And they put boosters in them, like protein and energy and stuff. So I had them put a protein booster in mine, thinking I was being all good and getting my fruit and my protein. A no sugar added smoothie too, so no yogurt or ice cream or anything, just fruit and juice. And like half an hour later, I had the worst gas. I was farting like nobody's business. I felt so bad for everyone that had to work with me lol. And I'm sitting there going what the heck? Fruit and juice? But then I realized the protein mix in was probably whey protein, which would be dairy. And I was like oh... that makes sense. Like seriously, I can have only 2 bites of something dairy, even things like cheese and yogurt that used to not affect me too bad, and it is like Mount St Helen's up in here. It's ridiculous. But this is a good incentive to really stop eating dairy! And read labels real well, because who wants to be the awkward one farting in the corner? Um, not me.
Also, I'm debating re-vegan-izing (yes, made up word) myself. I was a vegan for a while but then when I found out I was gluten intolerant I was having trouble balancing them out. But I think now that I've realized that I really can plan ahead what I'm eating and I know really how much proteins and carbs etc I need, and it's not just based on westernized thinking of that if you aren't having steak at every meal you aren't eating enough protein, I think I could balance it out. It will take work, but I think I could do it. Debating. Then I could have great basis for an actual blog, because how many vegan, soy free, gluten free, sugar free blogs could be out there, really? I could get famous! Haha not that I really have any desire to be famous... but still. Could be cool to see some food I made up on Pinterest. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment