OK so I am one of those weird people that really like vegetables. Pretty much no matter what way you cook them, or just eating them raw, I just love most vegetables. I even love Brussels sprouts. Yup, that much of a veggie lover. But at the same time, it gets boring eating them every day the same way. So I made up these the other day.....
Creamy Roasted Vegetables!
Started from a recipe on Pinterest (of course) hehe but here goes
2-3 cups of whatever veggies you like (I used Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower)
2 TBS olive oil
1/2 tsp each: parsley, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, dried chili flakes (optional depending on spiciness)
1/2 cup hummus, flavor of your choice (I used roasted garlic, if you are going to use something else I would add garlic powder to the list of spices)
Preheat oven to 425, toss the veggies with olive oil and spices, and then roast for 20 minutes.
While still hot, stir in the hummus, and it will melt a little and get all rich and creamy and delicious :)
The end. It's that simple.
To switch it up every while you could try adding some nutritional yeast, make it kinda cheesy, or switch up the flavor of hummus you use. I'll bet it would be real good with roasted red pepper or pesto hummus. YUM.
No comments:
Post a Comment