Hmm... So that was a bit of failure. I'm going to have to work on this recipe. First off, the spring roll wrappers I had were a new brand and I really don't like them. They never really got pliable like they are supposed to. Even after sitting in water for a while they were still a little soft. Also they were really big, so when I rolled them there were lots of layers of spring roll. And then I tried baking them for a while, and they just kinda smelled like melted plastic after that, so I just ate the filling out, and called it good. I didn't eat the rolls because I was a little scared. They should be able to get hot tho, since spring rolls can be fried, so I don't understand why they couldn't be baked. This recipe will take some work. And probably a new brand of spring rolls.
The filling was good though, it was just some chicken cooked in taco seasoning (still working on making my own sometime for that, this one had dairy in it) and some olives and a little cheese. Dipped in some salsa. It was good! But will definitely have to figure out the whole spring roll situation.
That sounds delish, minus the plastic tasting part!! Good for you to be creative and inventive :) You're doing awesome!
ReplyDelete