Friday, March 15, 2013

Cough drops..... ?!?!?!?!?

Ok so I have decided that there is something in cough drops that my body just does not enjoy. Yesterday I stayed home sick from work (though it hardly counts as ditching since it's spring break and it was going to be ridiculously slow) and then today I'm still feeling a little sick and I also had (very minor) surgery this morning on my skin. So pretty much that all is to say that I have been sitting at home doing nothing all day. And, this is really weird, but when I'm sick all that I want to eat is orange juice and cheese. And I'm not necessarily talking like cheese flavored chips or crackers, though that would work, or even cheese and crackers, though that would also work, I'm talking literally just chunks of cheese. Like hand me a block of cheddar and I will just gnaw pieces off of it. Like I said, weird. However, since I am trying my darndest to not eat dairy and not give in to all the cravings my body gives me, which is really hard after years of doing just that, I said no to the cheese. But that means I really gave in to the orange juice. So anyways, pretty much all of this is to say that I haven't had much to eat today except a bowl of cereal for breakfast,  bowl of soup (which actually did have dairy in it but that was a while ago), tons of orange juice (like we are talking 2 cartons in as many days.... yeah) and then cough drops. And I had soup for lunch and felt fine afterwards, and then started with the cough drops this afternoon and now holy moly. I can not stop farting. And they are stinky! Like not just plain ol oh oops I farted whatever, but more like omg I farted and it was loud and now no one is going to want to be within 20 feet of me! And the only thing that I've had to eat in the last few hours that could have caused this is cough drops. Also this is not the first time I've made this observation. I remember last time I was sick thinking something weird was going on, but that time I had the sugar free ones, so I figured it was that since sometimes sugar alcohols can give you gas. But this time it was the regular ones. Same brand tho, it was the Luden's cherry ones. Though I've also been having some Halls fruit breezers. Hmm. IDK what it is! Could be the sugar in them maybe, or the medicine or something? I have no idea. All I know is it's getting pretty rancid and I think that no matter how sick I am I will never be touching cough drops again for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. awww what an odd thing to have a reaction to! I wonder if there is corn syrup in them?? or some other non-natural additive? It's hard to learn things the hard way when your body reacts so strongly!! At least you're sensitive and know pretty quickly when you eat something!

    ReplyDelete