Does anyone else feel like there's just so many decisions, so little time? Or so many great ideas and no time to act on them? Or like you have so many ideas swirling around in your head you just really don't know where to start. Ok take me, I'm trying to decide if I want to make this blog a full time gig or not. Which if I did it would probably be this summer when I have more time to dedicate to cooking. And photographing. And all that fun stuff that having a food blog entails! Or then, if I do have a blog, what kind of stuff do I want to make? Will it be vegan? Will it not? What if I have these great ideas and then in 2 weeks when I have my dr appointment they tell me not to eat that anyways? What then? Ha I just really need this appointment to come so that I can get started on my own food journey :)
Ok lets go back to food ideas. I have so many swirling around in my head, that I don't even know where to start. Also I don't have that much time to be dedicating to just cooking, when I'm working 55 hours a week and then there's laundry and cleaning and of course you have to watch your favorite TV shows and then there's recreational reading that I just love to do, etc etc. Anyways. But I'll give you a few examples of things that are going through my head right now that I eventually want to try.
Homemade granola bars (even just in this category the options are endless! do we want chocolate or carob, stevia or real sugar, how many oils, do we want protein powder, do you want oats or just quinoa, maybe some mixed nuts, you could do chocolatey ones you could do nutty ones you could do apple cinnamon or blueberry and yogurt.... so many ideas!)
Protein breakfast muffins
Buffalo cream cheese pizza, with gluten free crust (maybe cauliflower crust?) and homemade cream cheese
Cauliflower alfredo sauce
Homemade marinara
Mango Jalapeno shrimp skewers
Lasagna with homemade "ricotta"
Smoky butternut squash and "bacon" soup
Homemade chicken pot pie muffins
Meatloaf or Meatballs that don't use bread as a binder
Homemade bread or rolls? Because sometimes you just need to feel like you are really getting a good whole sandwich and not just making every sandwich idea into a salad
Homemade tortillas with a garlic-avocado-yogurt dipping sauce
Homemade sweet chili sauce with stevia because who doesn't love sweet chili sauce with their spring rolls?
Or just general ideas that aren't for something specific, like I've heard avocado works as a good binder for gluten free baking, maybe I should give that a try, and then do I want to try eggless as well and go vegan with it, or what?
And then there's all the overall food ideas for me personally, like do I want to go vegan myself, which would be a lot of work also being soy and gluten free, or maybe more like a flexitarian that eats meat sometimes but not every day. And what kind of things are really making me fart? Because tonight at work all I had to eat was some cantaloupe, and some broccoli and zucchini with hummus and oh my goodness the farting would not stop. But on the other hand, still not pooping! HAHA. And then my cousin told me about the blood type diet the other day, which says I shouldn't be eating chicken. If I eat meat I should be eating lamb, mutton, venison, or rabbit. RABBIT! Where do you even find rabbit. Do they use that as a meat source anymore?
Haha as you can see I'm a little overwhelmed by all of this! Which is understandable, there's so much dietary information out there that it does take a little trial and error. Though hopefully I can figure out something by about Sunday so that I know how to grocery shop. I think I'm just going to pick a direction and stick with it for a couple weeks, and if it doesn't seem to be working for me well then I can try something new! It's just all a little daunting right now. But I will figure it out.
Those are tons of ideas and questions and thoughts swirling in your head!! Baby steps...and keep mulling and reading and researching...you'll know more here in a few weeks...I'm excited for what your future holds!
ReplyDelete