Ok, so first off sorry I have been absent for a while, just not much has been going on! I went on a couple more runs and managed to hurt myself already, so that sucks. I have been having knee problems for a while, they just usually don't come back this fast. By a while I mean like years. They just usually only come up when I work out a lot or run a lot, but this time it only took like 2 or 3 runs to start up again. So I asked my naturopath about it and she recommended another naturopath that is really good with knee issues. I was assuming that since it was just the one knee it's probably more likely to be from an injury than from food things, but she said that if I hurt myself a long time ago I could be setting myself up for problems later. Like I think I hurt my knee in 8th grade, so she said by favoring it for a little and then not getting it healed completely, now it's a place that is already slightly aggravated, so if I eat things that would be causing inflammation it could be showing up in that spot. So even though it's just the one knee it could still be related to food intolerances and stuff. But she said this other guy is really good with knee adjustments and stuff, like she has seen him save people from knee surgery and stuff. Which would be awesome, because I don't want to have to have knee surgery!! I've been thinking about that the last couple days because I don't know how on earth I would fit a knee surgery into my life right now. So I'm going to call on Monday and see if I can get an appointment with this other naturopath so maybe he can fix me!
Anyways, so that's about all that's been going on with me lately. Nothing too exciting in the food or cooking world either. I've been playing with my juicer a lot though so that's fun! :)
So, my appointment this morning was awesome! I am already in love with my naturopath and I just met her. She seems awesome and like she really knows what she's doing. So I was talking to her and telling her my whole kind of history with the HS and how I knew there were some kind of food intolerances going on just not sure what they were. And she said that she has worked with some other people before that had this same disease and as they worked on getting food intolerances under control and hormone imbalances and stuff all fixed that they got way better! So I'm super excited about that!! Cuz it would be amazing for my life to not have to revolve around a dermatologist anymore! Plus we also talked about how I have a lot of constipation problems and everything else that's going on, so I'm excited! So she has me starting to take magnesium because that's supposed to help with constipation issues and then she has me taking vitamin D because most people in this area are low in vitamin D. Lack of sun and all that fun stuff. Plus she was thinking I could have some yeast problems just because of the fact that most of my HS is in my armpits, which is a warm sweaty area that yeast loves. Plus I have had a couple yeast infections so she just figured it wouldn't be bad to do a yeast cleanse. So she is getting me some yeast pills or whatever made at a botanical store, so I can take those. And she's really hoping between doing the yeast cleanse for a few weeks and then dealing with my food intolerances when I get those test results back I should be able to make some improvements on my HS :)
Also, my naturopath is pregnant and going on maternity leave come May 1, so I have another appointment at the end of April before she leaves, to talk about food intolerance issues and stuff. And then she's gone for about 3 months, so then I will have the summer on my own do not eat anything bad and then she will get back in the fall I think so then we can chat again! But I feel like with the food intolerance test and one more appointment I will have a good start! So yeah I'm pretty stoked!
Wow I'm super stoked for you!! Sounds like she knows what she's talking about and has given you hope and a plan. If you have to do the yeast diet - don't despair - Michelle and I both have had to do it and can come up with some good food ideas for you!
ReplyDeleteAnd that was interesting to know abuot knees - since I have a lot of knee joint pain too...!! Look what we learn from each other :) <3 you and am proud of you for pursuing getting better!!
Yeah hopefully not the whole candida diet! I think she said it's more of a cleanse thing, like she will have pills for me to take that will help cleanse it, but other than the things that my food intolerance test says not to eat I should be fine. For the yeast she just wants me to take the pills, she said it's a 3 weeks on 10 days off cycle, usually go through it twice. So it doesn't seem as bad as the whole candida diet hopefully!
ReplyDelete