Ok very excited about this recipe. It is another of my new favorite discoveries. Haha I've noticed that everything new that I make is all of a sudden a new favorite thing because I just get so excited when I find something that is yummy but follows all the rules! So this one is adapted from an entry over at Food.com I again can't say I'm the sole author of this recipe. But I did make a few adaptations, like taking out the sugar and adding blueberries.
2 cups white rice flour
1 cup arrowroot starch
1/2 cup tapioca flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups milk (dairy free works of course)
1 package (6 oz?) blueberries
Mix dry ingredients together, then stir in wet ingredients. Might need a couple more splashes of milk to thin it out a little more, but no more than a few tablespoons. Mix in blueberries right before you are going to put them in the waffle iron, and then just make them as you would any other waffles in your waffle iron.
Now side note, this is a double recipe, so I usually make half of them and then stir the blueberries in and make the other half. Because they don't have any sugar in them, they make amazing plain waffles for dinner waffles (topped with the extra filling from your pot pie?) or they work really well for waffle sandwiches. Fry up an egg and stick it between 2 quarters of a waffle (my waffle iron is a Belgian so it makes circles) and maybe throw in some veggies or some sliced turkey or ham. Yum. And then the half that have blueberries are good just warmed up with a little butter on them. Also they freeze really well, so that's great because you can make a batch on Sunday, throw them in the freezer, and have breakfast for the whole week! In my waffle maker this recipe makes about 8 waffles, so I end up with 4 plain and 4 blueberry.
And...you're so impressive! WAY TO GO BECCA!!
ReplyDeleteOh hey, side note on the waffles. This seems like a really adaptable recipe, so I'll bet it would survive no eggs. Maybe just add a couple flax seed eggs or some egg replacer and up the milk a little bit to make up for the loss of liquid, and they should turn out just fine. You might need to play with it a little bit, but I don't know why they wouldn't work. :)
ReplyDelete