Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

Ok new favorite thing. This dressing is SO GOOD! I've been trying to come up with a dressing I can eat, because most salad dressings at the store (ok all, I have yet to come across one I can eat) have either soy or sugar or tomatoes or peppers or paprika or something that I can't eat. So I was on a mission to make my own. And I love raspberry vinaigrette so I figured why not try that? So I will admit, this recipe is taken straight from someone else, but it's so good it doesn't need any changes. Sometimes you find recipes that are good but still need a few finishing touches, but this one isn't. It's just straight up delicious.

So here goes, got this from Meatless Meals for Meat Eaters and it is AWESOME!

1/4 cup pureed fresh raspberries
1/4 cup EVOO
2 1/2 TB balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper

Whisk all ingredients together until blended. Or if you are like me, put them all in a spare pint sized mason jar and shake vigorously.

This was awesome. The only thing I would say is maybe a little less balsamic vinegar depending on how vinegar-y you like your dressings. Like maybe only 2 TBS instead of 2 1/2. But that just depends on personal preference.
Last night I used this on a salad with baby greens, romaine lettuce, broiled chicken, walnuts, carrots, cucumber, and halved grapes, and it was awesome. The grapes gave it some sweetness to counteract the dressing (I like to put strawberries on salads like this, but that is on my no-no list, as is apples which is my other go to salad fruit, but I'm so glad I discovered grapes) and it all just fit together quite well. And I'll bet this would make a really good marinade, maybe on some salmon for a salmon salad? I am not really a big salmon fan, but I'm trying to branch out and make fish more often. Because it is really good for you, and then it helps me eat something other than chicken at pretty much every meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment