So yesterday after work I was really really craving something sweet, so I went to the co-op and found some dairy free, soy free chocolate chips that I can have so I could make some scones. They were yummy! But I kinda went overboard and ate like 3... Which the recipe says it's supposed to make 16 scones but I can never get them that small, so I make them bigger so I only made 9. So really it's like I ate like 5 of them... And holy moly I felt so sick. Probably because I ate so much at once but I just lay on the couch after that being like ugh. The left over scones don't even sound good today. Which is weird because used to be I could scarf practically that whole recipe! But this is a good thing, because that means maybe my body is getting used to not having so much sugar all the time. I still eat a lot of fruit, and every once in a while I will cheat on the candy but not as often or in a while. So that's good! I'm getting better! Slowly but surely.
Anyways, the really exciting thing is that while I was at the co-op I was wondering, seeing if they had anything new and exciting for me. And I found 2 things that I'm stoked about! First off, I found a bottled salad dressing that I can eat! Annie's organic lemon and chive dressing. Nothing bad in it, yay! Which is awesome, because I really don't mind at all making my own dressings, but it's just that most dressings I make at home are vinaigrettes and sometimes you want something a little more creamy. So I'm excited to try this one. Also, Daiya, which is a vegan cheese company, now makes cream cheese! They have plain or chive and onion, so I grabbed the chive and onion one to try it, because I can eat that one too! And it's pretty good too. Obviously not quite the same as dairy cream cheese, but it's good and no soy or gluten or anything. I'm thinking it will make a really good pasta topping. Like I used to make pasta with prosciutto, broccoli, and goat cheese, and it was so good cuz the goat cheese would melt a little and it would all get all creamy. So I'm thinking I will try that again with the Daiya cream cheese instead of the goat cheese. Plus a little walnut oil and and a little salt. YUM.
No comments:
Post a Comment