So, still haven't gotten my food intolerance test. I know, it's been like a week since my appointment. But they were out of kits when I went, and they said they should be in on Monday, so I figured hey, no big deal, I will get it then. Plus they were having the store downstairs, which is like an herbal shop, make me my yeast pills so I figured I would get it all on Monday. So I got a call on Monday from the herb shop, and they said they had my yeast pills ready, so I walked all the way to the shop (probably about a 30 minute walk from my house depending on how fast I go and how many times I have to stop at a light) and get my pills, but the MRT kits weren't in yet. So they said they would call me when they came in. So they called me on Tuesday that they were in, but then I was reading my paper that my doctor had given me for what she was "prescribing" and along with the yeast pills I am supposed to take Caprylic Acid pills. So I asked about that, because I couldn't remember if I was supposed to get those from a different spot or not, but she said no I needed to get that from them, but those wouldn't be in until Thursday. So on Tuesday I had to work at the pool anyways, so I figured I'm not gonna walk all the way out there 3 times in one week, so I figured I would just go get everything on Thursday. But then I got out of work late on Thursday afternoon and then had to work at the pool so I didn't have time to go pick everything up. So I finally went to pick up the acid pills and the MRT test kit today, but then I look at the kit and it says it has to be taken Monday-Thursday. Why, I have no idea. But that meant that I couldn't get it today. SO I will have to go get my blood drawn on Monday. Good news though is that I do have my acid pills (haha makes it sound like drugs) now so I can start my yeast regimen tomorrow, which is good because that is supposed to go for 3 weeks. And my appointment is 3 weeks from Monday so if I want to be done I better get on that.
Also, this whole thing is a learning experince. It's crazy how many things you don't even think about until you can't eat them. Like things I have learned this week:
Coconut Milk Plain Yogurt has sugar in it. What the frick.
Sauerkraut is a good source of probiotics. Who knew?
I am going to miss tomatoes. Shocker, because I don't like fresh tomatoes, and I think I can live without spaghetti, but dang am I going to miss BBQ. I can't think of a way to make BBQ sauce without ketchup.
But anyways, moving on to things I can eat! I think this weekend I'm going to attempt some dairy free homemade tatziki sauce :) and maybe some gyro salads. With the sauce as a dressing. Because I love creamy salad dressings, like vinagarettes are good too but my all time fave salad dressing is and forever will be ranch. I just love the creamy spiciness of it. But I have yet to find a dairy free ranch that is anywhere close, so I might have to just give that up. But I'm hoping I can find some other creamy dressings to help me get through. Like tatziki salad dressing! Woot. I will let you know how it comes out :)
Mon-thurs is b/c the blood has to be sampled within 24 hours (wow that makes it sound like the lab is a vampire - but they have to test it within 24 hours of drawing it) so b/c of the weekend...that's why Mon - Thurs ;) Answers!
ReplyDeleteI found a recipe for mayo made from white beans! As soon as i can eat beans, I'm so excited to try that!
Amazing how much stuff has sugar in it huh!?
you're doing great! Sooo proud of you!!!