Yay, finally got my results!! And life is about to get real crazy. So my doctor says she still wants me following the non-inflammatory diet that she gave me last time as much as possible, but those are more like guidelines of what I should be eating, not actual rules. Like if I mess up every once in a while it's not the end of the world. But these things from the MRT she says for sure don't mess up. So yellow I can't eat for 3 months and red I can't eat for 6, and maybe never. Which makes sense, because I need the inflammation to go down. So here goes!
Red: Cabbage, Leek, Soy
Weird, right? Cabbage?? The soy doesn't surprise me, but cabbage and leeks? Weird. I love cabbage! Also my doctor said I needed probiotics, but I'm not supposed to have dairy, so she wanted me to eat sauerkraut, because that's a good source of probiotics. So I've been eating cabbage every day for the last month! No wonder my skin has been acting up a little. So obviously going to not eat that anymore.
Yellow: Apple, Avocado, Beef, Buckwheat, FD&C blue #1 (blue food coloring), Goat's Milk, Ibuprophen, Paprika, Peanut, Phenylethylamine, Rye, Sodium Metabisulfite, Spinach, Strawberry, Tuna, Vanilla, Whey
So some of those don't surprise me, like I already knew I was lactose intolerant so the whey isn't all that shocking. Or peanuts I don't even like so that didn't surprise me at all! But some of them are sad, like apples and avocados and strawberries and spinach. :( those are some of my favorite foods! I eat spinach almost every day. Others are just random, like umm blue food coloring? huh? But, I'm glad I finally have answers! So yay!
So here goes 3 months of not eating anything of the above! Though I think I will wait a week to start because this is my last week on campus and quite frankly it is just so hard to stick to any diet when I'm eating most of my meals at work. Because half the time there isn't labels on anything I'm eating, and nothing is organic at work, and all these other things. But Friday is my last day on campus, so come Saturday it's hard core diet time. Also I'm going to Wyoming to hang out with the parents for like week starting next Tuesday, so that will help too. I sent my mom and email giving her the list, so she will make sure I don't eat anything too bad :)
Bring on the hard core diet! woot woot! Wow...those are really interesting!! So I just discovered Kimbucha drinks that are probiotics...in case you can have those and branch out from sauerkraut... I'm so glad you'll have your mom to help you for awhile too! Apples, avocados, spinach and strawberries - exact same for me! I mourn the loss of those too :( I hear ya! I can't wait to see how you feel after this...keep me posted! You can do this!!!!
ReplyDelete